Better Together – Each week there will be a new challenge or activity that the whole Church can take part in.
Better Together Week 5: Walk the UK challenge
How many steps can you do?
This week we are participating in the ‘Walk the UK challenge’. From John O’Groats to Lands End, we want you to walk 813 miles which is equivalent to 1,712,832 steps. We thought Patrick Bryan couldn’t do it alone so we are doing it together as a church!
Let us know about 1 big walk, your whole week or even just a stroll
around your garden. You can do this by sending in your photos along with your step count to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will share them at the church service & in the newsletter next week!
Week 4 – Open Hands – can you help us collect donations in your area?
Supporting the ‘Open Hands’ food bank, with extra food in a time of crisis.
Encouraging friends and neighbours to help support the collection helping those in our city who are in great need. Making people aware that the church is passionate about supporting and helping those in need.
How to get involved
- Please read the Guidance for a Safe Drop-Off Point leaflet
- Download ‘Open Hands’ posters and leaflets. Please contact us or email email@example.com for a downloadable pack. You can also phone Ruth Cufflin on 07881 787681 to request a printed pack. Or you can download the pack here:
- Find a suitable donation box for collecting the food, you might need a lid if the box is exposed and also a brick to stop it blowing away!
- Attach a Drop off Point poster to the box and possibly one to your fence or gate.
- Write a Dear Neighbour short covering note to your neighbours explaining what you are doing, what dates you will be putting the box out on your doorstep or at the front of the house, attach to the ‘Open Hands’ leaflet and post through their doors
- When you have completed the challenge or have a box full of food, deliver to one of the collection points:
- 1 Carisbrooke Avenue, South Knighton (Jim and Linda Saker)
- 76 Roehampton Drive, Wigston (James and Anwen Parkinson)
- 58 Granville Road, Wigston (Andy and Carol Upton)
- The Tiny Bakery, Clarendon Park Road (during shop opening hours)
- 21 Devonia Road, Oadby (David and Helen Piper)
- Or request a collection from Ruth Cufflin 07881 787681
Send Photos and stories to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th May.