- GOD: One living and true God, sovereign in creation, providence and redemption, subsisting in three persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit – the same in substance and equal in power and glory.
Genesis 1-2; Exodus 15:1-18; Isaiah 45:5-18; Psalm 90:2; Psalm 96:10-13; Daniel 4:34-35; John 16:7-15; Titus 3:4-7; James 1:17.
- THE BIBLE: The divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture, as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
Psalm 19:7-11; 1 Corinthians 2:6-16; 2 Timothy 3:14-17; Hebrews 1:1-2; 2 Peter 1:19-21.
- THE HUMAN RACE: The universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the fall, rendering human beings subject to God’s wrath and righteous condemnation.
Genesis 1:26-27; 3:1-24; Psalm 8:3-8; Matthew 22:34-40; John 3:1-8; Romans 1:18-32; 5:12-19; 2 Corinthians 5:16-19; Ephesians 2:1-3.
- SALVATION: Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death, as our Representative and Substitute, of Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Son of God.
John 1:12-13; 5:24-26; 6:35-51; Romans 3:21-26; Galatians 2:15-16; Ephesians 2:4-9; 2 Timothy 1:9-10; Titus 3:4-7.
- JESUS CHRIST: The Lord Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin and lived a sinless life in obedience to the Father. On the cross he died in the place of sinners, bearing God’s punishment for their sin, redeeming them by his blood. He rose from the dead and in his resurrection body ascended into heaven where he is exalted as Lord of all. He intercedes for his people in the presence of the Father as high priest and advocate.
Matthew 1:18-25; John 1:1-18; 7:16-18; Acts 2:22-36; Colossians 1:15-22; Hebrews 2:14-18; 7:23-28; 10:11-14.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective to individual sinners, granting them repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ as the sole means of their justification. The indwelling and continuing work of the Holy Spirit in every believer to equip for Christian life and service, to sanctify and to guide into all truth.
John 3:1-8; 16:5-16; Romans 8:1-17; 1 Corinthians 2:6-16; 3:17-18; 12:1-31; Galatians 5:16-26.
- THE CHURCH: The Lordship of Christ over the universal Church, in which all the redeemed are united as members of one body, of which Christ is the head.
Acts 2:42-47; Ephesians 2:19-22; 4:1-6; 5:25-33; Philippians 2:1-11; Col 1:18.
- THE FUTURE: The personal and glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ to earth. The bodily resurrection and judgement of all people, the glorification of all believers in Heaven and the eternal punishment of those who do not know God nor obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
Matthew 24:1-44; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 20:11-21:4; 22:1-5.